Proposals allow service providers the ability to provide customers with price quotes on completed or suggested work. Within Ecotrak, there are two different ways to create a proposal. One can either create a general Proposal that is linked to a work order, or one can create a Stand Alone Proposal for a service.
General Proposals are most often used to raise the NTE on a work order, whereas Stand Alone Proposals are often used as a way to invoice customers for service completed without a work order.
How to Create a Proposal for a Work Order
- Step 1: Navigate to the Work Order module within the Ecotrak web portal.
- Step 2: Locate the Work Order that you wish to create a proposal for and open up the Work Order details by clicking on the Work Order ID number.
- Step 3: Use the 'Create a Proposal' action button located on the right hand side of the screen to create a new proposal.
- Step 4: FIll out the Proposal information, requesting the desired amount for the quoted work, and click submit. Once submitted, the Proposal will be sent to the customer for approval.
How to Create a Stand Alone Proposal
- Step 1: Navigate to the Proposals Module by either clicking on the “Proposals” button found on the Dashboard, or by clicking on the “Proposals” button located in the menu bar on the left side of the screen.
- Step 2: Use the button at the top of the screen to create a new Stand Alone Proposal.
- Step 3: Fill out the required information for your Stand Alone Proposal, and click “Submit”. Once the Proposal is submitted, it will be sent to the customer for approval.
If you have already created a proposal and are looking for information on how to adjust an already created proposal, please see the following article:
How Do I Adjust Submitted Proposals and Invoices?
Article is closed for comments.